This is a super simple recipe that I use to cook tangyuan 汤圆 when it’s Winter Solstice or 冬至. My personal favorites are peanut and sesame tangyuan – I am not too particular about the brands since they all taste about the same to me but SpringHome brand might come with peanut powder which is good to use for Muah Chee.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 300ml of water
- Pandan leaf (optional)
- Pack of frozen tangyuan – 5 pieces for one serving
- Boil water and mix with brown sugar, stir to make sure the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add frozen tangyuan and cook.
- Tangyuan is cooked when it floats up to the surface of the water.
- Serve and eat while hot.