- 250g all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, medium-sized
- 112g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 95ml vegetable oil
- 190ml whole milk
- 60g semi-sweet chocolate chips, or chocolate bar roughly chopped (60g)
- Light brown sugar, optional
1. First, line muffin pan with liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift flour and baking powder and whisk to combine; set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, break in an egg. Add in sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and beat until white. Now add in vegetable oil and milk. And whisk until combined.
4. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Add in milk mixture and lightly stir just until combined. Finally add in chocolate chips and stir to combine. If it’s mixed too much, excess gluten will be formed and the muffins will turn out tough. The batter should be a little lumpy and quite liquidy.
5. Then distribute among muffin molds. Fill only ⅔ of each mold. Bake in the oven preheated to 400 degrees F (200C) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
6. Let cool on a wired rack for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with light brown sugar (optional) and serve.
Recipe from Eugenie’s Kitchen