This is one of the simplest pie recipes to make and it is quite fail proof. This chicken pie can be both bake in an AirFryer or oven depending on the quantity that you are preparing.
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- Frozen prata x 4 pieces
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 stalk of carrot diced (optional)
- Mixed vegetables (peas, carrot, corn)
- 1 piece of chicken breast / minced chicken / minced pork
- Some cheese (optional)
- 1/2 can of Campbell’s Mushroom Soup
- Dashes of Salt and Pepper
- Some olive oil
- Crushed soda crackers or breadcrumbs (optional)
- Egg wash (optional)
- Marinate the chicken with salt and pepper for at least 15-30 mins.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and stir fry the onions for about 2 mins until soften.
- Add in the chicken and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until cooked. If using cut vegetables i.e. carrot – add together with chicken to fry. If using mixed veggies, add it in a while after the chicken.
- Scoop in half a can of soup and add one tablespoon of water and stir well to mix the soup with the ingredients. Add cheese and let it melt. Ensure all ingredients are cooked.
- Prepare prata skin by cutting a circle slightly bigger than the pie foil pan. Use the remaining prata to line the bottom and side of the foil pan.
- Put some crushed soda crackers or breadcrumbs at the base to prevent soggy base. Alternatively, cook the prata base first. Fill the pie pan with the cooked filling to the brim.
- Cover the pan with the circular prata skin cut earlier and stick the sides in using a fork or spoon. Brush egg wash and slice a few slits on top of the pie crust.
- Bake in AF or oven for 20 mins at 180 degrees.
Recipe from Daddy Can Cook