While chicken essence is great and packed with a whole lot of benefits but I really do not enjoy drinking them straight from the bottle so it was great that I came across this quick and simple recipe which help me to clear them from my larder. The taste after steaming is much nicer with a hint of sweetness from the dates and wolfberries.
- 2 chicken thighs / drumsticks 0r 3 chicken wings
- 1 bottle of chicken essence
- 3-4 pieces of dried mushrooms
- 7 red dates
- 1 tbsp of wolfberries
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp hua diao wine
- 1 pc of ginger grated
- Soak dried mushrooms in water to re-hydrate
- Trim off fats from chicken and marinate chicken with salt and pepper and hua diao wine for 30 mins.
- Cut mushrooms into strips
- Place chicken in a steaming dish and place mushrooms, dates and wolfberries on top.
- Pour in both chicken marinate and chicken essence.
- Steamed for 30 mins or until tender
Recipe from Pinkypiggu