Another favorite of mine and this cookie recipe is very adaptable for other favors by adding matcha powder or cocoa powder. This cookie is dependent on the butter used and I realized French butter is one of the best to use for the richness of taste.
- 200 gm unsalted butter
- 75 gm icing sugar
- 30 gm egg white
- 225 gm cake / plain flour
- Vanilla Extract / Essence 10 gm
- Coffee Essense 10 gm
- Vanilla Powder One pinch
- Matcha Powder 15 gm
- Cocoa Powder 15 gm
- Orange / Lemon zest 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in egg white and vanilla extract and mix well
- Sift flour into the mixture and combine with spatula be careful not to over mix
- Put mixture into piping bag with nozzle.
- Use dough scraper to push mixture and pipe on tray
- Bake for 15 mins and check at 10 mins until light golden brown.