Yes, I am finding ways to eat up my own homemade kimchi. I did a mini hotpot last week and it was so easy with ready stock and some pork belly. This round I am going to do kimchi fried rice which is like a simple comfort food for Koreans. One of my memories of this dish was eating it at Nami Island the shooting locale of the Korean hit drama Winter Sonata before the island got overran with zealous tourists.
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 bowl of kimchi chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 – 2 bowls of cold rice
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp gochujang or kimchi paste
- 1/2 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp kimchi juice
- Fry the egg sunny side up – grease pan and crack an egg into the pan. Cook about 1-2 minutes until egg yolk is just set
- Heat oil in pan and fry garlic and then add kimchi and stir fry for 1 min.
- Add rice and pour sauce over. Stir fry on high heat until rice is dry and absorbed the sauce evenly. The rice will “pop” when it’s dry.
- Drizzle sesame oil over and serve with egg.
Note: As confirm with friends who have made this dish, water should not be added.
Recipe from Noobcook