This is a simple and delicious snack food from Japan and on occasion it is sold in the Japanese food fairs at Isetan or Takashimaya but they can be quite pricey for a small quantity so when I realized the snack is so simple to make I just have to try it.
- 1 – 2 Japanese sweet potato
- Dash of olive oil
- Dash of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of soya sauce
- Toasted black sesame seeds
- Wash and chop the sweet potatoes to slightly bigger than bite size
- Soak in water for about 10 mins
- Pat dry with paper towels and toss with olive and sesame oil
- Place the sweet potatoes in a pan and air fry at 180 degrees for about 7 mins.
- Mix the sugar, honey and soya sauce in a small pan over medium heat until the sugar melts
- Pour the syrup over sweet potatoes and stir to coat evenly
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and serve