Been thinking about trying this healthy alternative to the usual fried rice since it’s low carbs. I was rather surprised as taste wise – it was pretty close to real rice and not what I imagined it to be. Glad I managed to get a head of cauliflower and tried it out so now I have a great fried rice dish to fall back on.
- Half a head of cauliflower
- 100 – 150 gm of meat
- 2 eggs lightly beaten with 1 tsp of soya sauce
- 1 bowl of frozen mixed veggies
- Some minced garlic
- Minced ginger (optional)
- Olive oil
- Dash of salt
Marinade for pork
- 1/2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp shaoxing wine
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Remove stem from the cauliflower
- Chop florets into small pieces and use a grater or food processor to chop up into fine pieces and set aside
- Heat olive oil and stir fry meat until half cooked and add in mixed veggies and fry until the meat is cooked and set aside first.
- Add some more oil and add the cauliflower and garlic / ginger and fry for 2 mins or so.
- Push cauliflower to side of pan and empty a space in the middle of the pan and add eggs in.
- Scramble the eggs for a bit and mix fry with the cauliflower on high heat.
- Add in the meat and mixed veggies and fry evenly with dashes of salt to season