I’ve been wanting to cook this for awhile ever since getting my Air Fryer and seeing some people sharing their baked rice recipe on the AF FB groups. Happened that I have some cheese left on hand so just went to get sausages. Friends have been telling me that Valley Chef brand is nice – I find the sausages a bit more salty compared to the cheaper brands.
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 1 cup of water (adjust accordingly to rice cooker or steamer)
- 4-5 sausages sliced
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp of Campbell’s mushroom soup straight from can
- Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese
- Wash and rinse rice first then add some olive oil, pepper and salt and mix evenly
- Add sufficient water according to rice cooker
- Cut broccoli into florets, wash and drain
- Steam broccoli together with rice, remove earlier if want broccoli to less mushy
- Cut up broccoli and mix with cooked rice
- Put broccoli rice in baking pan and add in sausages.
- Pour in the mushroom soup and spread over rice, add more pepper and salt to taste if required.
- Add cheese on top of the rice
- Set AF at 200 and bake for 8-10 mins until cheese melts and browns.
- Serve hot
Recipe adapted from Noobcook