This is another comfort food from my childhood which is fast and easy to cook. I should have tried this way earlier. The sauce goes very well with rice so it’s a great dish to cook when pressed for time or having guests.
- 6 mid joint wings or drumlettes
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 slices of ginger julienne into thin strips
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 50-70 ml water
- 1.5 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- Heat sesame and olive oil in pan and add in ginger, fry until fragrant
- Add chicken and stir fry until the meat is cooked on surface
- Pour in 50 ml water and both soya sauce, cover and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add more water if drying out and turn chicken over and simmer another 5 mins.
- Add in Shaoxing wine and check that chicken is cooked thoroughly and once you smell the aroma of the wine evaporating, the dish is done
Recipe from Noobcook