This is a great one pot meal which is very tasty – I always can’t help getting second helpings when mum makes this at home. I think my mum uses a lot more dark soya sauce as her version tends to be much more darker in color. I used chicken thigh meat and it’s a healthy version as I removed all the skin most of the fats.
- 1 cup low GI rice
- 1 cup water – use slighlty less than the full cup
- 1 chicken thigh – skin and fats removed
- 4 pcs of dry mushrooms soaked
- 1 lup cheong
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tsp Ginger juice, grate and squeeze 1 big piece of ginger
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and marinate with ginger juice, dark and light soya sauce and oyster sauce and keep in fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Cut up lup cheong and mushroom.
- Wash and rinse rice and add in water
- Add in lup cheong and mushroom and chicken. Pour in all marinate sauce.
- Put into electric lunch box and set to cook for 35-40 minutes. Alternatively, use a rice cooker.
- Give the rice a good mix with chopsticks to coat all rice with marinate sauce and serve