I ordered a packet of pork soft bone sometime back and cooked some today cos I saw a recipe using Zhejiang vinegar which I brought to eat with dumplings. The original recipe calls for deep frying the pork ribs but I used my Air Fryer instead to make the dish healthier and oil-less. This dish is very appetizing with the perfect combination of sweet and sour.
- 250 gm pork ribs / pork soft bone
- 1/2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sodium bicarbonate
- Dash of white pepper
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Zhejiang vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Wash and drain pork ribs
- Marinate pork ribs with light soya sauce, shaoxing wine, sesame oil, salt, sodium bicarbonate and pepper for at least 30 mins or longer
- Add corn starch to pork ribs and mix well
- AF at 200 degrees for 10-15 mins depending amount of ribs and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pan and stir fry minced garlic until fragrant
- Add in vinegar and sugar and cook until sauce starts to thicken
- Add the pork ribs and mix well with sauce.
Recipe from The Meatmen