I love these that usually come in bento sets sold in Taipei, they are usually paired with a braised egg, pickles or fried cabbage to make a complete meal. So this is my attempt at making a more healthier version that is not deep fried in oil.
- 2 pieces of pork chops – not too thick
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1/4 tsp five spice powder
- 2 – 3 tbsp potato starch & corn starch
- Cut about 3-4 slits on the pork chop to prevent curling when frying
- Pound the meat until about 1/4″ thick
- Smash garlic cloves and add all seasoning into bag and marinate the pork shop for 30 mins to overnight
- Remove meat drain and coat meat with the starch and shake off excess
- Place in airfryer basket and airfry at 200 for 13 mins – flipping the meat at 7 min.
- Remove and cool then cut into strips and serve with rice