This must be one of the most costly kitchen appliance ever – priced at SGD $2,320. The big price tag that will have most people reeling and resisting. However, given that it can replace 12 appliances and can do wonders – allowing newbie cooks, husbands and even children to easily whip up tasty and healthy dishes. It’s no wonder that this machine is flying off the shelves despite it’s price.
I was already aware of this product last year when a friend invited me over to her place for a demo session and boy was I impressed – this machine grinds, blends, cooks, stir-fries and kneads. If it can airfry and bake… it will be perfect! But it’s already close to perfection.
Since I was going to move house in late June and was going to have a full kitchen with ample counter space, I made the decision to get a set and frankly I haven’t regretted.
It’s been ages since I have blogged about my cooking – not because I have stopped cooking but just distracted with other things going on and also I was cooking a lot out of my new kitchen tool – the Thermomix. This German made kitchen appliance is rather costly but given the amount of functions it can do – I think it rather justifies the expensive price tag. I will write more detailed separate post.
Recently there was a video about how to prepare fried pork chops the Ding Tai Fung way and usually that comes accompanied with egg fried rice so last night I was watching some fried rice videos and the idea of cooking fried rice stuck and I just happened to have some leftover rice in the fridge.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 lap cheong sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked cold overnight rice
- Spring onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp water
- Pinch of pepper & salt
- Heat pan and add a little oil and add in lap cheong to lightly pan fry and extract the oil. Line a plate with paper towels and dish out the lap cheong to soak up the excess oil.
- Pour eggs into the pan and scramble until about 70% cooked then add in the rice and break up any clumps.
- Add some minced garlic and handful of spring onions – stir fry together to mix eggs and rice. Flatten rice in pan and let it cook for a while on high heat then stir-fry the rice.
- Mixed all the sauce seasoning and pour over the rice – mixed evenly and continue to cook until rice is dry enough for your liking.
- Serve hot.