I had wanted to buy a packet of these noodles before I fly back from Taipei but thanks to the bigger than expected boxes of sun biscuits and pineapple cake, I had to forego getting the noodles because I had no time to go searching. Most convenient stores only carried the bowl version and that was too bulky. That left me with a big craving but also the motivation to search out recipes to cook this soup noodle and now I have a much more healthier version to go to. This soup noodle is very comforting and great for a cold day.
- 2 boneless chicken thigh / 1/4 chicken / 2 chicken wings
- 250 gm noodles / beehoon / mianxian
- 100 gm leafy vegetable / xiao bai cai / shanghai green
- 10g m goji berries
- 1 shallot
- 10 gm ginger
- 100-150 ml hua diao wine
- 100-150 ml water
- 25 ml light soy sauce
- 10 ml oil
- Pinch of salt
- Clean and pat dry chicken and marinate with a little hua diao wine and light soy sauce for 15-30 mins
- Slice shallot into thinly and slice ginger into pieces
- Add oil to pot and stir-fry ginger and shallots until fragrant
- Add in marinated chicken and fry until chicken is almost cooked
- Pour in the hua diao wine and water to cover the chicken pieces and bring to boil
- Reduce heat and add in goji berries to simmer for 5 mins
- Add in remaining soy sauce and salt to taste when chicken is cooked.
- In a separate pot, bring water to boil, blanch vegetables and cook noodles / mian xian / beehoon. Drain off the water
- Pour noodles and vegetables into serving bowl and cover with soup and chicken. Serve hot.