This is new recipe that a friend just shared with me. I made the air-fried version to day.
- 10 pieces of mid-joint wings / or 5 drumlettes and 5 wings
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Fresh milk (enough to cover over chicken)
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tbsp plain flour
- 4 – 5 tbsp cornflour / sweet potato flour
- 2 tbsp butter / olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- White sesame seeds
Steps for frying chicken
- Jab chicken pieces with skewers.
- Season chicken with salt, black pepper and milk for at least 3 hours.
- Pour away the milk, add in 2 eggs and plain flour.
- Coat chicken pieces in cornflour / sweet potato flour and fry.
Steps for Sauce
- Melt butter in pan or use healthier olive oil.
- Add in sugar, soy sauce and honey and mix on low fire until combine and thicken.
- Pour in fried chicken pieces and coat with sauce.
- Sprinkle white sesame seeds and serve!