There has been a major craze in salted egg dishes and some really taste very good and when Knorr launched a smaller pack of their salted egg powder – I figured that I should get a pack to try out some salted egg dishes without the hassle of having to steam them from scratch. I was tempted to do salted egg chicken but since I had a packet of tau kwa in the fridge. I decided let’s start with tofu.
- 1 packet of tau kwa
- Olive oil spray
- 3 sprigs of curry leaf
- 30 gm of unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp of salted egg powder
- 3 chili padi (optional)
- Minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chicken powder (optional)
- Pat dry tofu and cut into cubes – 9 cubes per tofu
- Spray olive oil on tofu and air fry to 13 minutes until golden brown
- Heat pan and melt butter, stir-fry curry leaves and garlic until aromatic.
- Add in the salted egg powder and stir fry until paste is foamy and aromatic. Season with salt and chicken powder
- Add in the fried tofu and coat with sauce before serving
Notes: I airfried the tofu instead of using oil to deep fry for a healthier version.